Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Jan Kosecki
Importing Liferay Plugin SDK Projects
November 9, 2012 8:15 AM
Answer

Jan Kosecki

Recent Posts

Hi, I've just started developing on Liferay portal and I have encountered a problem when trying to import Plugin SDK projects. I have obtained the project from the SVN repository and it contains theme, layout and portlets. When I put them to proper folders of the Plugin SDK and try to import them, my IDE shows that the Plugin SDK contains only theme. I can't import portlets nor layout. Is there any xml or .properties file that is searched by the IDE to import projects? Because both portlets and layout works fine when packed to .war with Ant script and placed in deploy folder of tomcat.

Thanks in advance for your help,
David H Nebinger
RE: Importing Liferay Plugin SDK Projects
November 9, 2012 8:40 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

When you create a plugin project, either at the command line or through the IDE, a corresponding .project file will be created for the plugin. Each plugin that you want to import into the IDE must be imported individually.
Jan Kosecki
November 9, 2012 9:07 AM
Answer

Jan Kosecki

Recent Posts

So if I have a portlets and layout that are not seen when trying to import them, it is enought to modify their .project file by adding proper lines, yes?
Roberto Díaz
November 9, 2012 9:48 AM
Answer

Roberto Díaz

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I assume that you are using eclipse as IDE, don't you?

How are you importing the project from the SVN repository? In which folder are you putting the files?
Jan Kosecki
November 9, 2012 11:07 AM
Answer

Jan Kosecki

Recent Posts

I'm using Liferay Development Studio and importing the project by check out as a project in the workspace. Then, I just copy/paste the downloaded folders to the Plugin SDK folders and try to import them with Liferay Plugin SDK Projects. I can't check them out with New Project Wizardbecause they contain .project files in the repository.
Roberto Díaz
November 9, 2012 12:18 PM
Answer

Roberto Díaz

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Try:

Import>Liferay>Liferay Proyects from existing Plugins SDK

then select the SDK and check the project
Jan Kosecki
November 9, 2012 1:47 PM
Answer

Jan Kosecki

Recent Posts

That's what I'm trying to say from the start. I've been trying exactly what you have written, but when you choose the SDK, all avaible portlets, themes etc show in thew window and you can choose which one you want to import. However, in my case, despite having portlets, theme and layout in SDK, only the theme is avaible for import. And here is my question if I can change .project file to make the portlets also possible to import.
Hitoshi Ozawa
November 10, 2012 5:06 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

First, you should have posted this question concerning Developer Studio to the Liferay IDE forum because Greg who's developing it is there to answer you question. He's very helpful.
Second, it would be helpful if you'll write down which portlet you'll trying to import so we'll be able to reproduce it. It's more difficult to find a solution if we can reproduce it.

Cheers