Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Rochad Tlusty
Replace MailingListMessageListener class
November 6, 2012 11:51 AM
Answer

Rochad Tlusty

Recent Posts

I would like to modify the class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.messaging.MailingListMessageListener. Is it possible to do this in a hook?
Rishi Dev Gupta
RE: Replace MailingListMessageListener class
November 7, 2012 2:15 AM
Answer

Rishi Dev Gupta

Recent Posts

I do not think so that can be done through hook.

You will need to have plugin ext for this.
Rochad Tlusty
November 7, 2012 9:37 AM
Answer

Rochad Tlusty

Recent Posts

I'm now working on replacing this is the ext environment. I've added the following entry to our ext-spring.xml file for the project:

2    <bean id="messageListener.message_boards_mailing_list" class="com.liferay.portal.kernel.scheduler.messaging.SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper">
3            <property name="groupName" value="my.custom.MailingListMessageListener" />
4            <property name="jobName" value="my.custom.MailingListMessageListener" />
5            <property name="messageListener">
6                    <bean class="my.custom.MailingListMessageListener" />
7            </property>
8    </bean>

I added a small print statement to the class, however I never see an output, which leads me to believe the class is never loaded. Does anyone know how I can properly replace this class?
Rochad Tlusty
November 9, 2012 1:37 PM
Answer

Rochad Tlusty

Recent Posts

I actually get errors when I try to set the groupName or jobName. When I remove those settings, there are no more errors, but the custom class is not loaded. Any help here?
Rochad Tlusty
November 14, 2012 6:28 AM
Answer

Rochad Tlusty

Recent Posts

Maybe some help from the liferay devs? Any help would be appreciated.
Rishi Dev Gupta
November 16, 2012 4:24 AM
Answer

Rishi Dev Gupta

Recent Posts

I did this in Liferay 5, at the time most of the changes were done by overriding the class in ext. Thats is only the last resort.

2<bean id="messageListener.message_boards_mailing_list" class="com.liferay.portal.kernel.scheduler.messaging.SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper">
3        <property name="groupName" value="com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.messaging.MailingListMessageListener" />
4        <property name="jobName" value="com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.messaging.MailingListMessageListener" />
5        <property name="messageListener">
6            <bean class="com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.messaging.MailingListMessageListener" />
7        </property>
8    </bean>

In the ext-spring.xml, just try changing only the bean class, ignoring the change for groupName, jobName.

Also add a debug on SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper class and see if the bean is registered properly or were is it broking, so that you can make the changesin configuration accordingly.
Rochad Tlusty
December 19, 2012 7:30 AM
Answer

Rochad Tlusty

Recent Posts

Thank you Rishi.