toggle
Julien POLLY
Problems enabling staging
October 17, 2012 7:35 AM
Answer

Julien POLLY

Recent Posts

Hi everyone,

I customized a Liferay instance with hooks, home made portlets.... I'm using Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 version.

I am trying to enable staging on my server, so I'm going to Site Settings -> Staging and set a Local Live type of staging.
But when I save the settings, I get an error. The most relevant part of the stacktrace of this error follows :
 214:23:26,513 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-14][render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
 3    at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.addLayoutSet(LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.java:93)
 4    at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:122)
 5    at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutSetLocalServiceStagingAdvice.invoke(LayoutSetLocalServiceStagingAdvice.java:67)
 6       ...
 714:23:26,582 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-14][GroupImpl:183] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchLayoutSetException: No LayoutSet exists with the key {groupId=46704
 8, privateLayout=true}
 9com.liferay.portal.NoSuchLayoutSetException: No LayoutSet exists with the key {groupId=46704, privateLayout=true}
10    at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.LayoutSetPersistenceImpl.findByG_P(LayoutSetPersistenceImpl.java:1372)
11    at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutLocalServiceImpl.getLayoutsCount(LayoutLocalServiceImpl.java:1144)

It seems that a layoutset is missing in the database (with the groupId 46704). I checked that and effectively it's not in the database!
Anyone knows what is this layout, why is it missing, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Julien
Julien POLLY
RE: Problems enabling staging
October 18, 2012 6:44 AM
Answer

Julien POLLY

Recent Posts

I finally found that in the DB, a layoutset refers to an image that doesn't exist anymore.
So when it tries to copy the layoutset for the staging, it gets a NullPointerException.

However, the staging still doesn't work for an other reason.
When I try to enable it, I've got a message print in the control panel.
"Your request failed to complete
com.liferay.portal.kernel.lar.PortletDataException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

I don't know what happen, because I have nothing in the console!
Moreover, when I'm going back to the web site, I have the bar to switch between live and staging.
But when I go to staging, it says "The requested resource was not found." + the url ending with -staging.

What could be wrong?
Thanks for your answers!
Attachment

Attachments: Error.PNG (23.9k)
Rajeev K
RE: Problems enabling staging
July 25, 2013 12:49 AM
Answer

Rajeev K

Recent Posts

Julien POLLY:
Hi everyone,

I customized a Liferay instance with hooks, home made portlets.... I'm using Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 version.

I am trying to enable staging on my server, so I'm going to Site Settings -> Staging and set a Local Live type of staging.
But when I save the settings, I get an error. The most relevant part of the stacktrace of this error follows :
 214:23:26,513 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-14][render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
 3    at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.addLayoutSet(LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.java:93)
 4    at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:122)
 5    at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutSetLocalServiceStagingAdvice.invoke(LayoutSetLocalServiceStagingAdvice.java:67)
 6       ...
 714:23:26,582 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-14][GroupImpl:183] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchLayoutSetException: No LayoutSet exists with the key {groupId=46704
 8, privateLayout=true}
 9com.liferay.portal.NoSuchLayoutSetException: No LayoutSet exists with the key {groupId=46704, privateLayout=true}
10    at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.LayoutSetPersistenceImpl.findByG_P(LayoutSetPersistenceImpl.java:1372)
11    at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutLocalServiceImpl.getLayoutsCount(LayoutLocalServiceImpl.java:1144)

It seems that a layoutset is missing in the database (with the groupId 46704). I checked that and effectively it's not in the database!
Anyone knows what is this layout, why is it missing, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Julien

Hi was the
1NoSuchLayoutSetException: No LayoutSet exists with the key

issue resolved ??