How to integrate ---> liferay portlet+zk framework
David H Nebinger
RE: liferay portlet+ZK Framework example
September 25, 2012 8:25 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

What, you didn't like my other response?

Forum post - (reasonable research + valid question) ------------------> No Answer.

Did it not make sense?

How much reasonable research have you done? A quick google search for "zk portlet" leads to tons of examples. Have you checked any of them out?

And for a valid question, you didn't really give one. Examples might be:

• What class do I use as the portlet class in portlet.xml?
  • Is there anything extra I need to specify in liferay-portlet.xml to get my ZK portlet to work?
  • What additional libraries do I need to create a ZK portlet, and where do I put them?

All of these questions, of course, can be answered by doing a minimal amount of research before coming here.
Vishal Panchal
September 25, 2012 9:35 PM
Answer

Vishal Panchal

Recent Posts

David H Nebinger:
What, you didn't like my other response?

Forum post - (reasonable research + valid question) ------------------> No Answer.

Did it not make sense?

How much reasonable research have you done? A quick google search for "zk portlet" leads to tons of examples. Have you checked any of them out?

And for a valid question, you didn't really give one. Examples might be:

• What class do I use as the portlet class in portlet.xml?
  • Is there anything extra I need to specify in liferay-portlet.xml to get my ZK portlet to work?
  • What additional libraries do I need to create a ZK portlet, and where do I put them?

All of these questions, of course, can be answered by doing a minimal amount of research before coming here.

Hi David, I have done research as well as made some of the sample portlets in ZK+Spring+Liferay portlets before coming here .
I have done reasonable research as well.
According to me Forum post is doesn't means a complete answer with code everytime.
well everybody is right @ their own side..and don't want to be a part of .....

Please find the attached achieve file and checkout the entries in all xml files.
According to me one should check-out the whole execution of the liferay-application as the sample portlet is posted.

Anyways..Meerabi Khan download the portlet deploy it please go through every xml files ..!

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal
Attachments: library-ZK-spring-portlet.rar (13,284.6k)
David H Nebinger
September 26, 2012 6:03 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Vishal Panchal:
Hi David, I have done research as well as made some of the sample portlets in ZK+Spring+Liferay portlets before coming here .

Sorry, was up late last night banging out some code...

I've seen your posts on ZK Vishal and can tell that you've invested time to get your head around ZK in the portal. Kudos to you!

I get frustrated at times when the newbies come on board and ask people to do their work (i.e. the research and learning necessary to become a developer). No one handed me the knowledge I have, I had to go out there and invest blood, sweat, and tears to earn it.

I don't mind helping folks that come in w/ pointed questions that are obviously hurdles they need help getting over, but sometimes I still have to say "Read the doco", "Google for a solution" or even "Do the research".

It may seem harsh at times, but you really only learn something by working it out yourself. Having it handed to you doesn't really provide much.
Vishal Panchal
September 26, 2012 10:40 AM
Answer

Vishal Panchal

Recent Posts

David H Nebinger:
Vishal Panchal:

Sorry, was up late last night banging out some code...

I've seen your posts on ZK Vishal and can tell that you've invested time to get your head around ZK in the portal. Kudos to you!

I get frustrated at times when the newbies come on board and ask people to do their work (i.e. the research and learning necessary to become a developer). No one handed me the knowledge I have, I had to go out there and invest blood, sweat, and tears to earn it.

I don't mind helping folks that come in w/ pointed questions that are obviously hurdles they need help getting over, but sometimes I still have to say "Read the doco", "Google for a solution" or even "Do the research".

It may seem harsh at times, but you really only learn something by working it out yourself. Having it handed to you doesn't really provide much.

Hi David I agreed with you ...

As a developer we must "Read the docs", "Google for a solution" or even "Do the research".
Now in Liferay Forum as we saw the folks wants some help and we know the solution.
But we dont have a sample/demo portlet to share with ..and if we share our same code as we did during project time the people will get confused with the code because they never did even a sample portlet on respective technologies.!
But Even we want to help them so we provide any link through which one have a basic idea.
And we can make a sample demo-portlet in few minutes but in this busy life we cant make it immediately ..
A portlet I posted above is liferay+ZK+Spring portlet and Even I made a pure ZK-Portlet also that is also attached below.
But Yes sometimes people don't want to even search and try themselves e.g. see this link

But after all It knowledge sharing and helping hands .emoticon
So , David my friend always salute to you ..!

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal
Attachments: MyFirstZk-portlet.zip (9,817.2k)
sam chuang
October 1, 2012 3:54 AM
Answer

sam chuang

Recent Posts

Hi

Steps:
1. Integrate ZK + Spring
You can refer to ZK Spring Essentials

2.Integrate ZK with Liferay, start by check this doc
The doc also contains War file to download, check DEPLOY_TO__HelloZK2.war if Liferay version above 5.0