Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
sara matttei
DDL import data from external file & link document class to a folder
September 20, 2012 8:32 AM
Answer

sara matttei

Recent Posts

Hi to everybody! emoticonI'm new on Liferay and I try to customize the portalemoticon.
I have two questions, I hope that someone can help me!!

1)I need to import data from external file to DDL. I define the list field (name, surname, address ecc...) and I'd like to import file (CSV ,xml or other format) to populate the list. I see that is possible to export the data, but I don't understand if is possible to load data from another source (file).

2)I need to know if it's possible to associate document class (with custom attributes) to a folder or subfolder (or it's possible only for documents or multiple documents???)

Thank's

Sara
Michal R
RE: DDL import data from external file & link document class to a folder
September 24, 2012 4:51 AM
Answer

Michal R

Recent Posts

sara matttei:

1)I need to import data from external file to DDL. I define the list field (name, surname, address ecc...) and I'd like to import file (CSV ,xml or other format) to populate the list. I see that is possible to export the data, but I don't understand if is possible to load data from another source (file).

DDL import functionality is not implemented in Liferay (at least not in 6.1.1 CE GA2). You will have to develop this yourself.
We had the same requirement on our project and we did this in an EXT plugin, don't know if it's doable in a Hook plugin.