toggle
lou cat
7cogs sample data messed up my db :(
September 18, 2012 3:02 AM
Answer

lou cat

Recent Posts

Hi all,

After struggling with ext plugin and redeployment, I've found myself with basically a new liferay installation and I think the sevencogs-hook messed up my postgresql database emoticon
The result is that I cannot access my portal, I don't find my pages etc, even if it is poiting at the correct database, and there is a defaul liferay welcome page.
I tried to re-istall the ROOT again and deleting the sample data better this time, but I'm afraid my db has been already populated with that stuff emoticon

What can I do to solve this problem?
Can't I delete sevencogs data directly from the DB, or is there a simple way that will preserve my pages?

thanks!!!
Mika Koivisto
RE: 7cogs sample data messed up my db :(
September 18, 2012 12:23 PM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you installed sevencogs hook it deleted any pre existing data from the portal. I hope you had a backup of the database. This is why we don't have that hook in 6.1 GA2 anymore.
Hitoshi Ozawa
September 18, 2012 4:21 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Sorry, but as Mika replied, this has been one of the major problem with liferay's application server bundles. It was really just meant to be show a demo site and not meant to be used to develop a site.
I always recommend to use liferay's war package instead and only deploy necessary portlets so admin have a clear understanding of how application server is setup and which portlets are installed.

If you don't have a backup of your database, you'll just have to start over.
lou cat
September 19, 2012 2:05 AM
Answer

lou cat

Recent Posts

I see emoticon
Thanks anyway guys.
I will find a solution for the db (backup or creating everything again).
I just don't understand how this could happen following the official istructions to re-deploy am EXT plugin emoticon

...and do you have any idea of why I don't find some portlets in my "new" liferay installation?
web form portlet disappeared!
can I place it back some way? it doesn't find any portlet from the repository... emoticon
Hitoshi Ozawa
September 19, 2012 4:57 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Kind of difficult to answer your question because you haven't specified which version of Liferay you're using.
lou cat
September 20, 2012 1:15 AM
Answer

lou cat

Recent Posts

I have the idea that it is still the most popular one on the community...

Anyway *maybe* I will be able to move everything on 6 CE GA2, hoping this is a good and stable version for production...
I don't want to see an ext plugin anymore!! emoticon
Hitoshi Ozawa
September 22, 2012 6:16 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

There's still web form portlet available in Liferay 6.0.6 from the "Add" menu.

I'm not sure what you're doing with re-deploying ext plugin. Aren't you just upgrading? Why do you need to redeploy ext-plugin?
lou cat
September 24, 2012 1:25 AM
Answer

lou cat

Recent Posts

I developed an ext-plugin to extend a struts action, but it wasn't working so after the first deployment I did some changes and I had to redeploy.