掲示板

How can I increase the size of the username ?

11年前 に A J によって更新されました。

How can I increase the size of the username ?

Junior Member 投稿: 91 参加年月日: 11/09/19 最新の投稿
Liferay allows a max of 75 characters size for firstname+lastname. How can I increase this size manually?
thumbnail
11年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: How can I increase the size of the username ?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Liferay will create the table during first launch and possible updates. You can alter the column size after that w/o too much worry from the database side, but there may be validation logic within Liferay that you may need to override via a hook or EXT plugin.
thumbnail
11年前 に Christianto Sahat によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 179 参加年月日: 07/09/25 最新の投稿
David H Nebinger:
Liferay will create the table during first launch and possible updates. You can alter the column size after that w/o too much worry from the database side, but there may be validation logic within Liferay that you may need to override via a hook or EXT plugin.

As an addition to David's answer above, check UserLocalServiceImpl class. It has method called validateFullName, which in turn delegate the validation to DefaultFullNameValidator class. Inside that class, there's no validation, only return true. Apply to Liferay 6.0.6
11年前 に A J によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 91 参加年月日: 11/09/19 最新の投稿
Thank you
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Be sure to backup when doing a upgrade because your patched database may cause problem during the upgrade. I don't think liferay.com will support this if you do too much direct changes to the database tables.
thumbnail
11年前 に Mazhar Alam によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 191 参加年月日: 11/11/25 最新の投稿
Is it possible to increase the size of the username??
emoticon
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Method suggested by David should work, but the proper way is to modify liferay and rebuild. I think the setting was in the hint file.