Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
lucky singh
Can one to one mapping be generated through message board.
August 22, 2012 7:09 AM
Answer

lucky singh

Recent Posts

A purchase order and compromise authorization process is to be generated which will be accessed by two types of users:
1. PO-User's related to Purchase Order (say accounts,sales department of Shopphers Stop)
2. Vendors-Various Vendors to Shoppers Stop(Vendor_A,Vendor_B,Vendor_C).
I want to generate one to one conversation between PO user and a particular vendor.Conversation of a vendor should not be viewed by other vendor.Here when i am trying thread is viewed by all.I want thread to be viewed by only the two desire people.Please guide me if this scenario is possible.Reply awaiting for your response.Or a better method that can be developed .Please if anyone can help .
Thanks & Regards.
David H Nebinger
RE: Can one to one mapping be generated through message board.
August 22, 2012 6:21 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Well everything in Liferay can be privileged, even posts.

When you are posting a reply, you'll see that Liferay has a 'Viewable by" dropdown where you can select a role a user must have to see the reply.

So I guess if you had a PO role and various vendor roles, you could manage the same sort of thing.
lucky singh
August 22, 2012 7:07 AM
Answer

lucky singh

Recent Posts

So you mean the number of vendors the number of roles i should be creating to do this.
David H Nebinger
August 22, 2012 7:11 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Sure.

To manage the administrative nightmare, you could assign the vendor role to an organization and have all of the vendor users members of that organization (so they inherit the role rather than assigning it to them individually).