Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Peter B West
Portal company logo
August 13, 2012 1:10 AM
Answer

Peter B West

Recent Posts

What has happened to the per-portal company logos?

On the Control Panel > Portal Settings > Display Settings page, the logo is displayed, along with a tick box "Allow site administrators to use their own logo?"

In a previous life (5.2.3, then 6.0.6) I changed the logo for a couple of portals. Now, on the corresponding pages, I see the original logo, with the box ticked. The logo I specified is displayed, but is not visible in the settings. How do I view and change that logo?

For example, on the main portal site, of which the omni-admin is a member, the default Liferay logo displays in Control Panel > Portal Settings > Display Settings, and the "Allow ..." box is ticked. My site logo is set at the top of each page, but it is not visible on the settings page. I now want to change the default logo for the portal. If I select "Change," I can browse to files on my local computer, but I cannot access the file that is already set as the logo.
Peter B West
RE: Portal company logo
August 13, 2012 1:31 AM
Answer

Peter B West

Recent Posts

To elaborate a little on this.

If I change the logo, and clear the 'Allow..." tick box, the new logo will appear. However, if I now set the "Allow..." box, the previously set log re-appears, and there seems to be no way for the site admin to actually change the logo. Am I missing something?
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 13, 2012 5:12 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

When posting a question, please include information on which liferay version/bundle you are using and if the problem concerns display, please include information on which web browser/version you are using.
Peter B West
August 13, 2012 5:34 AM
Answer

Peter B West

Recent Posts

Sorry about that.

6.1.1 GA2 tomcat. This seems to be a change in the behaviour of 6.1.1, but I can't guarantee it wasn't like that in 6.0.6.
Bob McDermott
August 15, 2012 7:20 AM
Answer

Bob McDermott

Recent Posts

I am also experiencing this issue. As far as I can tell there is no way to set a different logo at the site level through the control panel.

I am using this version:

liferay-portal-6.1.20-ee-ga2

Thanks,
Bob
Bob McDermott
August 15, 2012 7:29 AM
Answer

Bob McDermott

Recent Posts

Ahh, I found it. In control panel, choose the site, then site pages. There is a logo option on the right side. You can set the site logo here for public and private pages.

Hopefully that was the same issue you were having Peter. My apologies if it wasn't exactly your issue.

Bob