Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hitoshi Ozawa
How to "unpurchase" items
August 6, 2012 3:56 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I've tried using Marketplace. After selecting a portlet to download, the portlet shows up in App Manager list. Now, I decided I really don't want this (well, I was just testing). How do I delete items in the list so it won't show up.
BTW, doesn't CA law allow consumers to return things they bought. How do I return items I bought at Marketplace?
Brian Kim
RE: How to "unpurchase" items
August 7, 2012 10:13 AM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Hitoshi,

Given the complications of deleting a purchase (especially if it's really a company's purchase versus an individual's), it's more likely we'll just have a "hide" option in the next iteration.

As for returns, without getting into the details of CA's return policy, suffice it to say that we're going to try to put in some measure that'll afford licensees the ability to test apps first before purchase.
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 7, 2012 4:31 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

As for returns, without getting into the details of CA's return policy, suffice it to say that we're going to try to put in some measure that'll afford licensees the ability to test apps first before purchase.

That would be great! Will be looking forward to it. Is liferay.com going to require developers to create a trial version too?
Brian Kim
August 7, 2012 5:45 PM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

By trial, do you mean "Lite"? If so, I don't think we can require it - not every company unfortunately will want to create a trial version. But we can certainly try to encourage it. If you mean trial as in time-limiting, that's also a possibility, but it's going to be dependent on how feasible it is to implement.

Sorry Hitoshi, I can't give you a lot of details right now because we're still working out those details ourselves. When I have more information, I'll try to provide it to you.
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 7, 2012 7:00 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Sorry Hitoshi, I can't give you a lot of details right now because we're still working out those details ourselves. When I have more information, I'll try to provide it to you.

That's what I thought. That's why I'm bringing up topics now to bring up a discussion and in hope that they will be considered. :-)
Daryl Hanner
August 8, 2012 1:01 PM
Answer

Daryl Hanner

Recent Posts

Haha, I think the whole concept of "un-purchasing" doesn't really make any sense lol. I don't think there should really be the ability to un-purchase, will give way to many exploiters and such. Just my two cents. emoticon
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 8, 2012 2:50 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

There's actually 2 elements to the question:
1. How to delete items from the purchase list so it won't clutter up my list. I don't want it to contain all the samples plugins I've downloaded (if Marketplace is going to contain plugins from the Community Plugin pages, there are many samples and themes which I want to download and test but I don't want them to be listed forever.)

2. How to return items. Some countries and states have laws which requires accepting returns especially when the plugin doesn't work as was advertised. (I don't think liferay.com is going to check all plugins to check if it actually works or not.) A trial version or a limited time license may be a good alternative.