Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 3. Development

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Cameron McBride
How to use Spring in a portlet without including the jars?
July 31, 2012 1:48 PM
Answer

Cameron McBride

Recent Posts

Simple enough right? I have a Spring MVC portlet and if I deploy the various spring jars with it then it works perfectly. Instead I would like to use the Spring 3.0.6 that comes with Liferay, in <tomcat>\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\spring*.jar.

What I did was first not include the jars in my war (ha ha) and second I added this into my portlet-plugin-package.properties:
portal-dependency-jars=\
commons-logging.jar,\
jstl-api.jar,\
jstl-impl.jar,\
slf4j-api.jar,\
spring-context.jar,\
spring-aop.jar,\
spring-asm.jar,\
spring-beans.jar,\
spring-context-support.jar,\
spring-core.jar,\
spring-expression.jar,\
spring-web.jar

I'm not sure that it's really needed, I think those are just for compile time dependencies and I'm using gradle to build. When I deploy it fails immediatly with this:
120:36:02,520 ERROR [PortletBagFactory:123] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/context/ApplicationListener
2java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/context/ApplicationListener

Any ideas how to take advantage of the Spring that Liferay already has loaded so I don't have to deploy portlets with duplicate jars?
Jelmer Kuperus
RE: How to use Spring in a portlet without including the jars?
July 31, 2012 2:23 PM
Answer

Jelmer Kuperus

Recent Posts

The class you are missing is in spring-context.jar so you should have it.

can you verify that this class was copied to the webapps/your-portlet/WEB-INF/lib folder after your portlet was deployed?
David H Nebinger
RE: How to use Spring in a portlet without including the jars?
July 31, 2012 2:34 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Also make sure you're doing a clean build and deploy. Hot deploy may not be deleting some of the jars hanging around.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!