toggle
Pari Pari
Message Boards mail not working
July 19, 2012 7:37 AM
Answer

Pari Pari

Recent Posts

Hi

I am using ilferay 6.0.6 bundled with tomcat. I want to able to send mails to the subscribers who subscribe to the categories and threads in message boards. I am using the gmail server with my gmail id. I tested it with web form and it is working. To send mails, in the message board, I select the category ---> actions ---> edit ---> check the checkbox active mailing list.

Email Address : gmail id used to configure the mail server

Incoming
protocol : POP
server name: pop.gmail.com
server port : 110
check use secure connection
user id : gmail id used to configure the mail server
password : password used for configuring the mail server
read Interval : 5 minutes

Outgoing
Email address : gmail id used to configure the mail server

I have given the permission to power users to subscribe to the categories and threads. These users have also subscribed to these threads. But these subscribed users are not receiving any mails when something is posted in the category or threads. I want them to receive mails on the mail id in their user accounts. Please help me sort this out

Thanks
Attachment

Attachments: Capture1.JPG (45.4k)
David H Nebinger
RE: Message Boards mail not working
July 19, 2012 8:33 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Do not use gmail. It is not intended for this purpose.

You have no control over the (spam) filtering that gmail will do, you have no control over the limits on emails that you can send, etc.

Use an appropriate email service provider to support your email needs. There are plenty of them out there, just google for them and you'll find some.

Finally, this message has nothing to do with education and is therefore posted in the wrong forum.
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Message Boards mail not working
July 20, 2012 8:28 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

According to the following wiki, "Do not add @gmail.com to your username. Just your username is fine."

http://www.liferay.com/web/craig.kaneko/blog/-/blogs/243468