11    <artifactId>liferay-faces-bridge-impl</artifactId>
12    <version>${liferay-faces.version}</version>
13</dependency>
14<dependency>
15    <groupId>com.liferay.faces</groupId>
16    <artifactId>liferay-faces-portal</artifactId>
17    <version>${liferay-faces.version}</version>
18</dependency>

and everything works correctly, I have seen the new version, just changed the 1 by the 2, all the libs (.jar) updated correctly but now, I have an listenerStart error and no info in the logs, Do I need to make more changes than the rc version?

Thx in advance.
Neil Griffin
RE: Migration to RC2
July 19, 2012 6:26 AM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Right, changing upper-case RC1 to lower-case rc2 should be all that you need to do.

One thing you should check, is to make sure that your tomcat/webapps/portlet-context-name/WEB-INF/lib folder doesn't have both RC1 and rc2 copies of the JARs. Sometimes it helps to delete the tomcat/webapps/portlet-context-name and re-deploy the WAR.

In order to find out what error is happening with "listenerStart" you can follow the instructions in Mika Koivisto's blog post. Another way you can diagnose the problem is to use Log4J with Tomcat and create a file named tomcat/lib/log4j.properties with the following contents:

1log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R
2log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
3log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
4log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
5log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core=DEBUG
David Calap
July 19, 2012 8:14 AM
Answer

David Calap

Recent Posts

Yes, I have the correct configuration at my log4j config files and still not logging any error, the last message that I can see on logs is:

119 jul 2012 16:05:31,029 DEBUG (org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DisposableBeanAdapter:172) - Invoking destroy() on bean with name 'sessionFactory'
219 jul 2012 16:05:31,030 INFO  (org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean:246) - Closing Hibernate SessionFactory

I have cleaned all the tomcat (work, logs, temp) and deleted the portlet from webapps and restarted the server.

Still don't know what is the problem and why works with rc1 and not with the new one.

Regards.
Neil Griffin
July 19, 2012 8:31 AM
Answer

Neil Griffin

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

If the listenerStart verbose error message is normally it's a ClassCastException or NoClassDefFoundError. If you don't see a verbose error message, then I would recommend that you double-check that you have followed every step in the Tomcat Log4j instructions.

Also, double-check that you edited tomcat/lib/log4j.properties and not tomcat/webapps/portlet-context-name/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties