Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Corey Trager
java.lang.NullPointer Excptn at LiferayPublishOperation.isHookProjectDelta
July 9, 2012 6:19 AM
Answer

Corey Trager

Recent Posts

I'm getting a message box with every time I edit and save a file in the IDE. This shows up in the .log file too. What can I do to fix the problem or silence the errors?

at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.core.LiferayPublishOperation.isHookProjectDelta(LiferayPublishOperation.java:265)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.core.LiferayPublishOperation.publishDir(LiferayPublishOperation.java:219)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.core.LiferayPublishOperation.execute(LiferayPublishOperation.java:113)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.performTasks(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1290)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:933)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3087)
at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Gregory Amerson
RE: java.lang.NullPointer Excptn at LiferayPublishOperation.isHookProjectDe
July 9, 2012 6:10 PM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Corey,

Sorry for this inconvenience. Could you possibly attach a sample project here to reproduce the error? I should be able to get a fix out quickly is a nightly build pretty soon.
Keith Freeman
October 9, 2012 8:45 AM
Answer

Keith Freeman

Recent Posts

I have this same problem now, here are the conditions:
-- liferay portlet project with a couple of hooks added to it
-- depends on a java project
-- added an apache jar to the java project which exports it
-- since the liferay portlet project wasn't deploying the new jar, I had to add it to the liferay project's "Deployment Assembly" list

At the point I modified the "Deployment Assembly" to add that jar, I started getting the error dialog (with an NPE on isHookProjectDelta in the log), but everything works ok: the project is deployed, including the jar file.

Bug?
Keith Freeman
October 9, 2012 8:51 AM
Answer

Keith Freeman

Recent Posts

Note: On a hunch (based on the work "Hook" in the fatal function name), I tried doing an equivalent Deployment Assembly on a liferay portlet project without any hooks in it, and there was no error.
Gregory Amerson
October 9, 2012 6:59 PM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Yeah looks like there likely is a bug in the deployment logic. If you could post to this thread a small example project (or couple of projects) with the deployment assembly settings and I can try to replicate on my end and see if we can get that bug fixed.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!