Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
donino pienni
How to check current robots.txt value in Liferay database?
July 1, 2012 8:34 AM
Answer

donino pienni

Recent Posts

Hi,

I use Liferay 6.1 GA1, with tomcat 7 / mysql 5. I have read many threads related to robots.txt issues, but i can't understand my error.

First i have set up a virtual host www.mydomaine1.com in 'portal settings' and in 'site settings', and the search engine optimization was correctly working. Recently i had to change this, i updated virtual host to www.mydomain2.com both in portal settings and site settings. And now, i receive in logs many exceptions such:

1Current URL /robots.txt generates exception: No VirtualHost exists with the key  {hostname=www.mydomain1.com}

The search engine optimization does not work anymore neither for www.domaine1.com (wich is normal), neither for www.mydomain2.com.

i tried many handlings, i even gave a custom template in portal-ext:
1robots.txt.with.sitemap=com/liferay/portal/dependencies/robots_txt_with_sitemap.tmpl

This template is correctly read and displayed in GUI site settings, but i keep receiving these exceptions.

In order to understand what happens, i would need to check robots.txt value stored in lportal database, the first domain name 'mydomain1.com' is still persistent somewhere . Please could anyone tell me in wich table this robots.txt value is supposed to be stored? Any suggestion to resolve this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: How to check current robots.txt value in Liferay database?
July 1, 2012 3:13 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

First i have set up a virtual host www.mydomaine1.com in 'portal settings' and in 'site settings'

The error message seems to be saying you've misspelled your virtual domain. Is it "mydomaine1" or mydomain1"
adeel khalid
January 2, 2013 3:34 AM
Answer

adeel khalid

Recent Posts

lolz he is talking about sities not about portal instance.! i am also facing this error.
Hitoshi Ozawa
January 2, 2013 7:02 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

lolz he is talking about sities not about portal instance.! i am also facing this error.

We all know that because we're talking about "Virtual Domain".
Also, you've mispelled "sites".

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!