toggle
Hashim Raza
User based Portlet-CSS possible?
June 26, 2012 11:34 PM
Answer

Hashim Raza

Recent Posts

Hi,

I was wondering if i can have portlet-css per user?

Lets suppose one user clicks on 'Look and Feel' button and changes the font style of his portlet, I want it not to reflect in other users portlets. Is this possible?

If not then is there any other way or workaround?

Thanks in advance!
Pankaj Kathiriya
RE: User based Portlet-CSS possible?
June 26, 2012 11:44 PM
Answer

Pankaj Kathiriya

Recent Posts

Hi Hashim Raza,

I havent tried such implementataion , but as workaround you can try saving look&feel changes to portlet preferences which will be user-specific.

And use that preference value to have css to portlet.

HTH
Thanks,
Pankaj
Hashim Raza
June 26, 2012 11:51 PM
Answer

Hashim Raza

Recent Posts

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i tried to store "portletSetupCss" in user "portletPreferences" but it was not being applied to the portlet.

Regards,

Hashim
Hashim Raza
July 2, 2012 10:35 PM
Answer

Hashim Raza

Recent Posts

After much searching, I've created the hook myself. Follow these steps and user based portlet css will be enabled.

"top_head.jsp" found in "\html\common\themes" needs to be changed a bit.

Here is what you have to do:

Replace the code:

1PortletPreferences portletSetup = PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.getLayoutPortletSetup(layout, portlet.getPortletId());
3String portletSetupCss = portletSetup.getValue("portlet-setup-css", StringPool.BLANK)

With:

1String portletId = portlet.getPortletId();
2PortletPreferences portletPreferences = PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.getPortletPreferences(request, portletId);
3String portletSetupCss = portletPreferences.getValue("portletSetupCss", null);
4PortletPreferences portletSetup = PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.getStrictLayoutPortletSetup(layout, portlet.getPortletId());
6if ( Validator.isNull(portletSetupCss) ) {
7    portletSetupCss = portletSetup.getValue("portletSetupCss", StringPool.BLANK);
8}

Now in your portlet create a preference by name = "portletSetupCss" and in your edit page store this string in the preference:

1public String portletCss = "{\"wapData\":{\"title\":\"\",\"initialWindowState\":\"NORMAL\"},\"borderData\":{\"borderStyle\":{\"top\":\"\",\"left\":\"\",\"bottom\":\"\",\"right\":\"\",\"sameForAll\":true},\"borderColor\":{\"top\":\"\",\"left\":\"\",\"bottom\":\"\",\"right\":\"\",\"sameForAll\":true},\"borderWidth\":{\"top\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"left\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"bottom\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"right\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"sameForAll\":true}},\"textData\":{\"fontSize\":\"<fontSize>\",\"fontStyle\":\"<fontStyle>\",\"fontFamily\":\"<fontFamily>\",\"color\":\"\",\"fontWeight\":\"\",\"textAlign\":\"\",\"wordSpacing\":\"\",\"lineHeight\":\"\",\"textDecoration\":\"\",\"letterSpacing\":\"\"},\"advancedData\":{\"customCSSClassName\":\"\",\"customCSS\":\"\"},\"spacingData\":{\"padding\":{\"top\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"left\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"bottom\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"right\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"sameForAll\":true},\"margin\":{\"top\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"left\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"bottom\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"right\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"sameForAll\":true}},\"bgData\":{\"backgroundColor\":\"\",\"backgroundPosition\":{\"top\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"},\"left\":{\"value\":\"\",\"unit\":\"px\"}},\"backgroundRepeat\":\"\",\"backgroundImage\":\"\",\"useBgImage\":false}}";

you can now edit this string in whatever way you like, and user based css will be applied.

Hope this helps! emoticon

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!