Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Frank Yu
How to link a Journal article to Document Library or Image Gallery folder?
October 13, 2008 3:38 PM
Answer

Frank Yu

Recent Posts

I can use one of the following two ways to include a link to a document from Document Library or an image from Image Gallery in Journal portlet:

a). add a row to include a document or image the definition of Structure, or
b). use FckEditor to insert a link to a document or image when article is added or edited (Insert/Edit Link > Browse Server > Select Document or Image in Resource Type > browse to select a document or image)

Either way, I can select one individual document or image at a time. Please let me know if or how I can select a whole folder or subfolder of documents or images so that I can build a relationship between an article and multiple such files at a time.

I could insert a link to the URL of a folder. However, this means that a user has to manually copy the URL in the folder properties in Document Library or Image Gallery portlet and paste it in a Journal article. It is neither convenient nor user friendly, especially for portal users without computer background.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions!

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!