Hiral Ramavat
Portlet icons are not working
May 23, 2012 1:58 PM
Answer

Hiral Ramavat

Recent Posts

Hello all,

I am using the Liferay 6.0 EE SP2.

In this version of liferay portlet icons(configuration,minimize, maximize,close) are not working when i make the portlet border-less.

When i refresh the page, icons(configuration,minimize, maximize,close) are working properly, but after clicking once those are not accessible. I am not able to to get in to the options like look and feel,configuration etc.

Every time i have to refresh the page if i want to access the icons.

Here the theme which i have applied is classic theme and the layout is also default one provided by liferay.

Issue is only when the portlet is borderless.

Any pointers will greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiral
David H Nebinger
RE: Portlet icons are not working
May 23, 2012 2:19 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

I've seen this...

When you click and hold the mouse button down on the wrench, you'll see that the 'X' to delete the portlet is inserted and adjusts the wrench to the left. Hold the mouse button down and move over until you're hovering over the wrench again before letting up on the mouse button.

Basically since the 'X' gets inserted before you do the mouse up, when the mouse up is processed it's not over the wrench anymore and the menu will not be displayed. Holding the button down until you re-position the mouse over the wrench will ensure that when the mouse up is processed it's back over the wrench and will do the right thing.
Hiral Ramavat
May 23, 2012 2:26 PM
Answer

Hiral Ramavat

Recent Posts

Yes, that is true. But, Every user will not make sure about that.

It is happening to all the portlets those are borderless and for all icons also.

Please let me know if you have any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Hiral
Hitoshi Ozawa
May 23, 2012 3:00 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Can you tell us which web browser and version you are using? There was some problems with icons with the earlier liferay 6.0.x release when using Chrome which was fixed in later versions.
David H Nebinger
May 23, 2012 5:31 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Nah, I've got it in 6.0 EE SP2. The insert of the "+" to move the portlet only gets inserted when you click on one of the other icons and it happens to me on IE9.

I was wrong earlier when I said it was the 'X' for the close, it's the '+' for moving the portlet, and only for borderless portlets like the OP said.
Hitoshi Ozawa
May 23, 2012 9:25 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I was wrong earlier when I said it was the 'X' for the close,

That'll delete the portlet! That was in another thread recently when a user selected "X" because he wanted to "close" the portlet and the portlet wasn't available anymore. It's kind of misleading to users using some kinds of window GUI. Not a very good user interface design. emoticon
Hiral Ramavat
May 24, 2012 6:16 AM
Answer

Hiral Ramavat

Recent Posts

Hi Hitoshi,

I am using the Lifeay 6.0 EE SP2 and in IE 8 and Firefox, in both the browser issue is coming.

Thanks,
Hiral
David H Nebinger
May 24, 2012 6:30 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Right, and as I said the issue is the insert of the '+' image to indicate that the portlet can be moved on mouse down.

Something is definitely not right here. If the '+' sign is displayed, then the menu will display correctly when you click the wrench. If the '+' sign is not displayed, then when you click on the wrench the '+' sign is inserted and you have to move the mouse over the wrench before the mouse-up, otherwise the menu will not display.

The '+' sign should normally be displayed, but I've seen that when it is and I click the wrench but click outside the menu (to make it go away), the '+' sign also goes away but will appear when you click on the wrench again.

Definitely odd, but to me it's just a quirk that I'm happy to live with.

Probably related to some queer javascript/css issue, but it will take some digging to figure it out.
Hitoshi Ozawa
May 24, 2012 6:35 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

If you're using EE, it may be just easier to create an ticket. I was having some problem OOTB 6.0.x CE version on icons, so there may have some patches for the EE version.
Hiral Ramavat
May 24, 2012 6:38 AM
Answer

Hiral Ramavat

Recent Posts

Yes, that is true, may be it is some java script issue and will take some debugging time.
Hiral Ramavat
May 24, 2012 6:40 AM
Answer

Hiral Ramavat

Recent Posts

Hi Hitoshi,

Yes, there must be a patches for that, i will raise the ticket for that now,

Thanks,
Hiral
Alberto Perales Beltrán
June 5, 2012 8:53 AM
Answer

Alberto Perales Beltrán

Recent Posts

Hi!

I'm using the same Liferay version and wondered if the issue is already open to deal with this fact or not.
Hiral Ramavat
June 5, 2012 9:02 AM
Answer

Hiral Ramavat

Recent Posts

Yes, The issue is still open in this version of liferay.

As it is the enterprise edition, you can contact with liferay for providing a patch for that.

Thanks,
Hiral