Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
David Matrai
Members Portlet not showing count
May 15, 2012 6:01 PM
Answer

David Matrai

Rank: New Member

Posts: 12

Join Date: February 1, 2012

Recent Posts

Hello

I am using LR6.1 GA1 and have created some Organizations and sites for these orgs in my portal

I have assigned users to the organizations and on the orgs sites public page I have included a "MEMBERS" portlet.

The users that are associated to the organization show up on the portlet -- this is not a problem -- the one thing that I found is that the portlet is displaying

"this-organization-has-x-members" instead of "this-organization-has-2-members"

is there a way to make this counter count the members of the organization without having to assign site membership along with ORG membership


Any help is appreciated
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Members Portlet not showing count
May 15, 2012 9:33 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Rank: Liferay Legend

Posts: 7949

Join Date: March 23, 2010

Recent Posts

This is just a bug. Just add the following in Language.properties file.

this-organization-has-x-members=This organization has {0} members.
Nikhil Sood
RE: Members Portlet not showing count
February 8, 2015 4:33 AM
Answer

Nikhil Sood

Rank: Junior Member

Posts: 41

Join Date: August 12, 2009

Recent Posts

Hi David,
Did you manage to find a fix/workaround for this issue? We are having the same problem in LR6.2 GA3.
Cheers,
Nikhil
Alexey Kakunin
RE: Members Portlet not showing count
August 20, 2015 12:52 PM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Rank: Liferay Master

Posts: 582

Join Date: July 7, 2008

Recent Posts

It is very strange - but I met same problem with social-networking-portlet with Liferay 6.2 GA3
The thing is - all required translation constants are where: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/blob/6.2.x/portlets/social-networking-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/content/Language.properties
Hook also has required statement to load them: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/blob/6.2.x/portlets/social-networking-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/liferay-hook.xml#L6

It looks like (by some reasons) "Language*.properties" is not recognized by Liferay and language hook is not applied.
So - in my case I fixed problem by workaround - in my case I've added:
1
2        <language-properties>content/Language.properties</language-properties>
3        <language-properties>content/Language_en.properties</language-properties>
4        <language-properties>content/Language_de.properties</language-properties>