Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith December 2, 2011 1:21 PM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? David H Nebinger December 2, 2011 1:34 PM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Tina Agrawal December 12, 2011 1:53 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Hitoshi Ozawa December 12, 2011 3:22 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Jan Gregor December 22, 2011 2:57 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith December 22, 2011 7:15 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? David H Nebinger December 22, 2011 8:13 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith January 5, 2012 12:22 PM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? David H Nebinger January 5, 2012 1:04 PM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Priyadarshini Sinha January 12, 2012 12:20 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith January 12, 2012 7:10 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? sandeep tripathi January 16, 2012 11:13 PM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith January 30, 2012 7:43 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Himanshu Modi March 21, 2012 11:40 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith March 22, 2012 2:35 PM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Himanshu Modi March 26, 2012 12:04 AM
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible?? Silicon Smith March 26, 2012 8:01 AM
Silicon Smith
Is communication between an application and liferay possible??
December 2, 2011 1:21 PM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

Hello all,

is there any way that we can develop communication between an application (programmed in java) and Liferay?? for example I want to search through all the documents and web content in Liferay providing search input from that application (with whom we want to communicate) and search results being displayed in liferay. If yes, could you please explain what process to follow. ..?? I hope I am able to explain clearly. thanks in advance for the all the replies. Highly appreciated.

Manjinder
David H Nebinger
RE: Is communication between an application and liferay possible??
December 2, 2011 1:34 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Liferay has a number of services exported as web services, so your java app can communicate w/ Liferay though these web services.

I'd start by going through the portal-client.jar file and see if the data you want to access is available from there...
Tina Agrawal
December 12, 2011 1:53 AM
Answer

Tina Agrawal

Recent Posts

Hi,

You can use Web Services for the same. Just check what webservices are exposed by liferay and use accordingly.

Regards,
Tina Agrawal
Hitoshi Ozawa
December 12, 2011 3:22 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Liferay has interfaces such as web service, JSON, and Java RMI.

If it's just search, it's also possible to use Solr as a search engine and do a search directly on Solr and create a portlet to display a result.
Jan Gregor
December 22, 2011 2:57 AM
Answer

Jan Gregor

Recent Posts

Well, the answer is, yes there is a way.

First question you need to ask yourself is, where is the application running ? Is it in the same container as Liferay, or outside this container. By first option you have number of possibilities ,how you can establish communication. By the second point you will either way need to use the WS from Liferay, which are limited as just couple of services are available thru WS. You can also build your own WS, or use WSRP if your application is running as a portlet in remote container.

Regards,
Jan,
Silicon Smith
December 22, 2011 7:15 AM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

Thanks Jan,

Its between liferay and different application on different container.... I am trying to use SOAP .... I am still trying to figure out how I can generate code from WSDL file in eclipse provided by liferay...

Manjinder
David H Nebinger
December 22, 2011 8:13 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

If you're using java6, you can use the wsimport command to generate jaxws code using the wsdl file.
Silicon Smith
January 5, 2012 12:22 PM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your reply. Is there any wsdl file in tunnel-web/axis for search portlet?? from where we can search anything within liferay web content, documents library, wikis, etc... I need to create a web service client for liferay's search portlet in my application.. thank you all in advance,,

Best Regards
Manjinder
David H Nebinger
January 5, 2012 1:04 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Since Liferay's using Axis, you can point wsimport at the URL for the web service and tack a "?wsdl" on the end to get the wsdl from the web service.
Priyadarshini Sinha
January 12, 2012 12:20 AM
Answer

Priyadarshini Sinha

Recent Posts

Hi,
can anyone send me a link for the tutorial of liferay for a newcomer.

thanks
Silicon Smith
January 12, 2012 7:10 AM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/community-resources

I recommend you to go through the Portal Administrator Guide (PDF). And if you have any question to discuss just search through the forums and if still not clear, we all are here to help you.

Regards
sandeep tripathi
January 16, 2012 11:13 PM
Answer

sandeep tripathi

Recent Posts

Hi Everyone,

i want to connect the user between my application and Liferay the user are created on my application database and i am using one admin user to manage my liferay page .
now we want to include blogs portlet on liferay pages but this portlet do not allow guest user to comment or add rating, with the help marteen
i was able to comment on blog but how we capture the details of application user in liferay pages we are passing the value of user on theme and setting as session variable if any body have any idea or suggestion then please help .

Regards
Sandeep
Silicon Smith
January 30, 2012 7:43 AM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

Hello everybody,

I finally was able to get the response from document library in my application.... Documents names (just names) related to search keywords are being displayed in my application.. Now my next question is .......... Is it possible if contents of the documents can actually be displayed in the application, i.e documents not being opened in liferay. Like somehow we can get binary file of the documents as a response via web service?? Thanks all in advance...

Regards
Himanshu Modi
March 21, 2012 11:40 AM
Answer

Himanshu Modi

Recent Posts

Hi Smith,

I also have similar kind of use case.
I have two applications say AppA(programmed in java) and AppB (Liferay portal).
Now I want to search through all the user, documents web content, etc of AppB (Liferay) providing search input in AppA and getting the result also in AppA.
Could you please let me know how you did in your case?
Did you use Web Service?
Does liferay provide web service for search functionality also?
I have searched but I did not find any web serevice for search.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Himanshu
Silicon Smith
March 22, 2012 2:35 PM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

Yes I used web service.......and if you will try to search in the document library web service, you can't find search functionality there.... to search documents and web content via web service, use search service in "AssetService" wsdl file. Let me know if u have any more questions....
Himanshu Modi
March 26, 2012 12:04 AM
Answer

Himanshu Modi

Recent Posts

Silicon,
Thanks for your qucik reply.

I am using Liferay 6.1 GA version. I cannot find any wsdl file related to AssetService.
I found .wsdd files related to AssetEntry.
Could you please describe in detail like what file you used for locating the service? and how did you generate web service client files ?

Thanks,
Himanshu Modi
Silicon Smith
March 26, 2012 8:01 AM
Answer

Silicon Smith

Recent Posts

Yes its AssetEntry Service.... I am sorry....
there should be a search function in this service.... I used liferay 6.0..... it should be in AssetEntryService.....