Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » x. Miscellaneous

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Albert Giner
Error during the content reindexation (luceneIndexer)
March 22, 2012 3:55 AM
Answer

Albert Giner

Recent Posts

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to reindex all the web contents of my Liferay's portal (I did it using the control pannel option and also modifying the portal-ext-properties option ) but I'm getting an error:

21 mar 2012 20:22:28 ERROR lucene.LuceneIndexer - Error encountered while reindexing
com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: com.liferay.portlet.expando.ValueDataException: Column 197602 has type custom.field.java.lang.String and is not compatible with type custom.field.boolean

The details of my enviroment are:

Liferay version: Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0.5 CE (Bunyan / Build 6005 / August 16, 2010)
Lucene Store type: file

In our project we have created two custom fields (expando columns), this fields are useful for our business logic:

'Estado' - String
'WizzardDriven' - Boolean

Looking at the error message we can guess that the problem has to do with those two fields...

Someone has had a similar problem? where can we start?...
Venkat Koppavolu
RE: Error during the content reindexation (luceneIndexer)
March 22, 2012 4:12 AM
Answer

Venkat Koppavolu

Recent Posts

Hi Albert,

Looks like the data problem with incompatible types, Did you try with below options

1. Login as Admin -> Control Panel -> Server Administation
2. Clear the database cache first
3. Reindex all search indexes

let me know the result.

Thanks,
Venkat
Albert Giner
April 13, 2012 12:36 AM
Answer

Albert Giner

Recent Posts

Hi Venkat,

Finally we have increased the logs level and also we have modified the code to write some lines in the stdout file to get more information during the indexation.
The results tell us that some of the contents are corrupted and when the system try to reindex one of them it fails!...

Now we are deleting the problematic contents but every time we try to reindex them appears a new corrupted content... it's a very tedious job! and we really don't know why there are so many corrupt contents in our system!

Thanks,

Albert.
David H Nebinger
April 13, 2012 5:56 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Have anyone inserting/updating data directly in the database rather than use the API?

Data corruption of your example doesn't typically happen under normal circumstances.
Hitoshi Ozawa
April 13, 2012 6:32 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Any chance that you've upgraded your liferay from 5?

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12258
Albert Giner
April 16, 2012 12:23 AM
Answer

Albert Giner

Recent Posts

Hi David,

We have not inserted or updated any data directly in the database, but we have developed an extension to publish content in liferay (using the API, and we call it: publishing wizard), we need this extension because we want to link each content with an Alfresco file. The problem is that we have found corrupted contents published in this way
and others published in the standard way (web contents published via control panel)... then we can't establish a relation with the way we publish the contents...

To be honest I must say that we have found only one corrupted content published in the standard way (it was a special content with a complex html code inside...), and the rest of problematic content that we have found at the moment was published with our publishing wizard. (It's important to notice that not all the contents published with our wizard are corrupted).

Thank's
Albert Giner
April 16, 2012 12:28 AM
Answer

Albert Giner

Recent Posts

Hi Hitoshi!

We have not upgraded from Liferay 5. Our original (and current) version is Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.0.5 CE.

Thank's
David H Nebinger
April 16, 2012 11:41 AM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Well, the liferay-based one should be opened as a bug if you can replicate.

For your own implementation, I'd say you have some sort of bug going on...
Hitoshi Ozawa
April 16, 2012 2:30 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Before filing a bug report, please check if you can reproduce it the the svn trunk build or at least the 6.1.0 GA1 (well, with the next release planned this month, should really check with the trunk build). Liferay only accepts bug reports on the current svn trunk or a release.