Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
James Smith
Displaying Alfresco 4 HTML Content in Liferay 6: Maybe Jonas Yuan?
March 9, 2012 1:10 AM
Answer

James Smith

Recent Posts

Hi,
I have successfully setup "Document and Media" Portlet to read Alfresco 4 Repository. However, I am having difficulty displaying a HTML file as pages in Liferay.
I tried using "Web Content" Portlet to embed the HTML file, but the portlet always causes the browser to think it should download the HTML file. I saw older posting from Jonas Yuan (http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/389731), but the liferay.cignex.com link does not work help anymore. Please help!

Thanks
James Smith
RE: Displaying Alfresco 4 HTML Content in Liferay 6: Maybe Jonas Yuan?
March 12, 2012 11:24 PM
Answer

James Smith

Recent Posts

James Smith:
Hi,
I have successfully setup "Document and Media" Portlet to read Alfresco 4 Repository. However, I am having difficulty displaying a HTML file as pages in Liferay.
I tried using "Web Content" Portlet to embed the HTML file, but the portlet always causes the browser to think it should download the HTML file. I saw older posting from Jonas Yuan (http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/389731), but the liferay.cignex.com link does not work help anymore. Please help!

Thanks

Is there anybody can help me? this seems like a simple question for the section of a forum that talks about Liferay - Alfresco integration. I am suprised there is nobody wants to answer the question. emoticon
T Hoon
April 27, 2012 11:02 AM
Answer

T Hoon

Recent Posts

Hi James,

I have also been playing with the LR + Alfresco integration. From what I have discovered is if you want to embed an HTML file from Alfresco, you need to invoke Alfresco's webscripts. You can use LR's Web Proxy Portlet or create your own and parse the AtomPub using Apache's Abdera.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9101704/how-do-i-display-liferay-content-from-the-built-in-documents-and-media-repositor

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, having Alfresco manage all web content requires the developers to duplicate the OOTB portlets provided by LR (e.g. Search). Our reasons for having Alfresco manage web content is for the flexibility of selecting different workflows (LR Request LPS-17074) based on the content and providing our end users with a single UI for all content and documents (internal use only). I would be interested in know how other organizations are integrating these two products.
T Hoon
May 2, 2012 8:11 AM
Answer

T Hoon

Recent Posts

I posted my same question on SO. Integrating WCM between Liferay and Alfresco