toggle
Vasco Figueira
Sticky LDAP settings prevent login
February 20, 2012 2:19 PM
Answer

Vasco Figueira

Recent Posts

Hi,

I've come accross a few errors after enabling LDAP export. These errors prevented both admin and regular users from logging in. The problem however is not these errors - I'll solve them later. The problem is that I cannot revert the LDAP settings back to where they were.

I've shut the portal down and issued the following SQL to correct the ldap export property:

update liferayschema.portalpreferences
set preferences = regexp_replace(preferences,'(<preference><name>ldap.export.enabled</name><value>)true(</value></preference>)', '\1false\2')
where regexp_like(preferences,'<preference><name>ldap.export.enabled</name><value>true</value></preference>');

... then made sure the portal-ext.properties had the correct ldap settings:

# LDAP Properties
ldap.auth.method=bind
ldap.import.enabled=true
ldap.import.method=group
ldap.export.enabled=false
ldap.import.on.startup=true
#ldap.import.interval=10

But after startup, on login I'm always presented with the Exception:

21:57:56,047 ERROR [LoginAction:128] com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP: error code 17 - : empty AttributeDescription]; remaining name 'cn=Vasco Figueira,ou=kw,ou=pt,dc=bmm,dc=org'
com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP: error code 17 - : empty AttributeDescription]; remaining name 'cn=Vasco Figueira,ou=kk,ou=pt,dc=mmm,dc=org'
at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java:75)
at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.model.BaseModelListener.onAfterUpdate(BaseModelListener.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.impl.BasePersistenceImpl.update(BasePersistenceImpl.java:264)
Caused by: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP: error code 17 - : empty AttributeDescription]; remaining name 'cn=Vasco Figueira,ou=kk,ou=pt,dc=mmm,dc=org'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3110)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2987)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2794)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1455)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)

... that only appeared after enabling ldap export. It does look like Liferay is trying to update LDAP attributes after each login. But why?

I'm using liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1 and tomcat-7.0.23 on Solaris.

Thanks in advance.
Kaleem Mohammed
RE: Sticky LDAP settings prevent login
September 11, 2012 4:33 AM
Answer

Kaleem Mohammed

Recent Posts

Vasco Figueira:
Hi,

I've come accross a few errors after enabling LDAP export. These errors prevented both admin and regular users from logging in. The problem however is not these errors - I'll solve them later. The problem is that I cannot revert the LDAP settings back to where they were.

I've shut the portal down and issued the following SQL to correct the ldap export property:

update liferayschema.portalpreferences
set preferences = regexp_replace(preferences,'(<preference><name>ldap.export.enabled</name><value>)true(</value></preference>)', '\1false\2')
where regexp_like(preferences,'<preference><name>ldap.export.enabled</name><value>true</value></preference>');

... then made sure the portal-ext.properties had the correct ldap settings:

# LDAP Properties
ldap.auth.method=bind
ldap.import.enabled=true
ldap.import.method=group
ldap.export.enabled=false
ldap.import.on.startup=true
#ldap.import.interval=10

But after startup, on login I'm always presented with the Exception:

21:57:56,047 ERROR [LoginAction:128] com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP: error code 17 - : empty AttributeDescription]; remaining name 'cn=Vasco Figueira,ou=kw,ou=pt,dc=bmm,dc=org'
com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP: error code 17 - : empty AttributeDescription]; remaining name 'cn=Vasco Figueira,ou=kk,ou=pt,dc=mmm,dc=org'
at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java:75)
at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.model.BaseModelListener.onAfterUpdate(BaseModelListener.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.impl.BasePersistenceImpl.update(BasePersistenceImpl.java:264)
Caused by: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierException: [LDAP: error code 17 - : empty AttributeDescription]; remaining name 'cn=Vasco Figueira,ou=kk,ou=pt,dc=mmm,dc=org'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3110)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2987)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2794)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1455)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)

... that only appeared after enabling ldap export. It does look like Liferay is trying to update LDAP attributes after each login. But why?

I'm using liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1 and tomcat-7.0.23 on Solaris.

Thanks in advance.

I am also facing the same issue. If anyone has solved please help us.

After enabling the LDAP export to true, I am unable to login into portal.

It is giving the above mentioned Exception: com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException

http://www-xxxxx.xom/c/portal/status?status=0&exception=com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException&previousURL=%2Fweb%2Fapps%2Fhome%3Fp_auth%3DZg18Iwsn%26p_p_id%3D58%26p_p_lifecycle%3D1%26p_p_state%3Dmaximized%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26saveLastPath%3D0%26_58_struts_action%3D%252Flogin%252Flogin%26_58_doActionAfterLogin%3Dfalse

POST /web/apps/home?p_auth=Zg18Iwsn&p_p_id=58&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&saveLastPath=0&_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin&_58_doActionAfterLogin=false HTTP/1.1" 302 -

Regards
Kaleem
email : kaleem6110@gmail.com
Xav NYC
RE: Sticky LDAP settings prevent login
November 18, 2012 4:38 PM
Answer

Xav NYC

Recent Posts

Hi,
I have the same problem here after activating LDAP export on Liferay CE 6.1.1.
Did you guys manage to fix this?
Thanks.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!