掲示板

Deploying portlet on non root context Liferay server

thumbnail
12年前 に Rochad Tlusty によって更新されました。

Deploying portlet on non root context Liferay server

Junior Member 投稿: 42 参加年月日: 12/01/18 最新の投稿
So I am developing portlets/themes/layouts in the Liferay IDE plugin for eclipse (the eclipse server is a bundled Liferay 6.1 tomcat7 install). I can create/deploy without any problems on the local (bundled) server, but when I use ant to create a WAR and try to deploy that through the manager app on the actual server (Liferay 6.1 tomcat6 non root context) the install hangs on:

Expanding: /www/tomcat/webapps/Liferay/webapp/deploy/community-theme-6.1.0.1.war into /www/tomcat/base/6.0.29/temp/20120217150645571
Copying 1 file to /www/tomcat/base/6.0.29/temp/20120217150645571/WEB-INF
Copying 1 file to /www/tomcat/base/6.0.29/temp/20120217150645571/WEB-INF/classes
Copying 1 file to /www/tomcat/base/6.0.29/temp/20120217150645571/WEB-INF/classes
Copying 1 file to /www/tomcat/base/6.0.29/temp/20120217150645571/WEB-INF
Copying 710 files to /www/tomcat/webapps/community-theme
Copied 48 empty directories to 2 empty directories under /www/tomcat/webapps/community-theme
Copying 1 file to /www/tomcat/webapps/community-theme
Deleting directory /www/tomcat/base/6.0.29/temp/20120217150645571
15:06:46,818 INFO [ThemeAutoDeployListener:50] Themes for /www/tomcat/webapps/Liferay/webapp/deploy/community-theme-6.1.0.1.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.

As far as I know the deploy directory is properly set up, as the WAR unpacks in the proper location. However it never finishes installing or registers the app. Any ideas? Also if you need to know anything else (additional stack traces, config files...) just let me know and I will post it.
thumbnail
12年前 に Ram Manusani によって更新されました。

RE: Deploying portlet on non root context Liferay server

Regular Member 投稿: 124 参加年月日: 11/10/27 最新の投稿
My assumption is, you are trying to deploy the war into tomcat6 version. Liferay 6.1 and above needs tomcat7 for deployments...

Anyways, Can you attach the server logs.. That might be a help to dig into emoticon
thumbnail
12年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Yep, Ram is right. 6.1 themes will not work on 6.0, and 6.0 themes seem to have issues on 6.1 (even when the compatibility is set to 6.0+).

Build your theme using the SDK version that you are targeting.

Don't ever use a newer/older version for dev than what you are using in prod...
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Don't ever use a newer/older version for dev than what you are using in prod...

Now I'm confused because I've deployed Liferay6.1 (liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1-20120106155615760.war to be exact) on an existing Tomcat 6.0.29 server. So I'm building for the correct version. Also everything works perfectly on this setup except for installing portlets/etc.

Ram Manusani:
Liferay 6.1 and above needs tomcat7 for deployments...

So hot deploy won't work in a Liferay 6.1 installation on an existing Tomcat 6.0.29 server?
thumbnail
12年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
I think you're confusing the 6.0 w/ Tomcat 6, when I was speaking of the 6.0 Liferay/SDK. The SDK should be the same version as the Liferay version you're targeting.

I believe Liferay 6.1 will work under Tomcat 6 in so far as I haven't heard of anyone reporting bugs against that combo...
thumbnail

I am using the 6.1 Liferay/SDK to build for a Liferay 6.1 installation. It shouldn't matter that this is on tomcat, as I've said we have had no other problems with it so far. I've checked all of the build properties and nothing seems to be off. The stack trace is printing out anything helpful after "Deployment will start in a few seconds.". I am wondering if Liferay needs to change other files to register the theme or portlet, but doesn't have (linux user) permissions to do so. If this was the case, that would print error messages to the logs, no?
thumbnail

Please if anyone can help with this. I simply cannot get anything to deploy on this server..... however Liferay runs perfectly. Is there anyway to manually deploy a theme or portlet?
thumbnail
12年前 に Ram Manusani によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 124 参加年月日: 11/10/27 最新の投稿
You Can always upload the war file from control panel and deploy the theme/portlet using Plugins installation/configuration.
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Have you tried manually copying the war file to the deploy directory? Did you check if a new directory is created under webapps?

Have you also tried manually copying your development portlet directory under webapps to your production server's webapps directory?

Just re-read your original post and wondered if you development server is also using the same non-root context. How about posting your
portal-ext.properties file on sections pertaining to non-root context. I think there were some limitations and sorry to say, I haven't tested
non-root context with 6.1.0 yet.

Just to make sure, did you follow the steps in the following thread?
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1041350

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3774263
thumbnail

Thank you for responding. I have tried copying to war file to the deploy directory, and it produces the same results. The war unpacks but then nothing is ever registered. It hangs up on :
INFO [ThemeAutoDeployListener:50] Themes for /blah/blah/community-theme-6.1.0.1.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.

I should see the following messages after it hangs, but I dont:
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /blah/blah/community-theme
20:20:10,289 INFO [PluginPackageUtil:1099] Reading plugin package for community-theme
20:20:10,327 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:172] Registering themes for community-theme
20:20:11,316 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:100] 1 theme for community-theme is available for use

Just so there is no confusion, I'm developing with the 6.1 Liferay/SDK Eclipse IDE (Tomcat 7 bundle which is in root context) and everything works fine. I am trying to deploy this to a DEV server where we have Liferay 6.1 running outside of root context, the application runs fine but I cannot install any additional themes and portlets on this server. This is my portal-ext.properties:

portal.ctx=/Liferay
liferay.home=/www/tomcat/webapps/Liferay/webapp
setup.wizard.enabled=false
jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://[sensitive info]?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&useFastDateParsing=false
jdbc.default.username=[user]
jdbc.default.password=[password]

auto.deploy.copy.commons.logging=true
auto.deploy.copy.log4j=true

auto.deploy.listeners=\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.HookAutoDeployListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.LayoutTemplateAutoDeployListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.WebAutoDeployListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.exploded.tomcat.LayoutTemplateExplodedTomcatListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.exploded.tomcat.PortletExplodedTomcatListener,\
com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.exploded.tomcat.ThemeExplodedTomcatListener

auto.deploy.enabled=true
auto.deploy.deploy.dir=/www/tomcat/webapps/Liferay/webapp/deploy
auto.deploy.dest.dir=/www/tomcat/webapps
auto.deploy.tomcat.conf.dir=/www/tomcat/base/current/conf/Catalina/localhost
auto.deploy.tomcat.lib.dir=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/lib
auto.deploy.tomcat.dest.dir=/www/tomcat/webapps

#hot.deploy.listeners=\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PluginPackageHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.LayoutTemplateHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.ThemeHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.ThemeLoaderHotDeployListener

It seems to me like the ThemeHotDeployListener is never picking anything up, and should be the next step in getting this to work.

Edit:
Ram Manusani:
You Can always upload the war file from control panel and deploy the theme/portlet using Plugins installation/configuration.

I've tried this as well, it produces the same results. It just hangs on the installation process, never finishes.
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
#hot.deploy.listeners=\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PluginPackageHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.LayoutTemplateHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.PortletHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.ThemeHotDeployListener,\
#com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.ThemeLoaderHotDeployListener

You've commented it out.
thumbnail

Sorry that was temporarily commented out, and does not affect the status of my problem.
thumbnail

I fixed this issue by taking several of the jar files from the tomcat bundle (support-tomcat.jar, etc..) and placed them into the WEB-INF/lib directory of the application I was trying to deploy. For some reason when these jar files where on the global path for the tomcat server (in lib or lib/ext), the proper ContextLoader was not found.
thumbnail
11年前 に Harish Kumar によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 483 参加年月日: 10/07/31 最新の投稿
Hi Rochad,

Could you please specify the list of jars that needs to be moved