Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Dana Oredson
<distributable />
February 3, 2012 8:11 AM
Answer

Dana Oredson

Recent Posts

Why does liferay-portal.war not have <distributable /> in the web.xml?

I was trying to get my liferay installation clustered and have had trouble getting my session replicated between the loadbalanced instances. I created a simple war that just output the session id, and that is working.

However, when I tried to do the same for liferay, it was not replicating the session. Finally, I cracked the war and looked at the web.xml and it does not have <distributable />, therefore it will not get replicated sessions.

Is no one using clustered Liferay instances??
Juan Gonzalez
RE: <distributable />
February 3, 2012 8:16 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Dana Oredson:
Why does liferay-portal.war not have <distributable /> in the web.xml?

I was trying to get my liferay installation clustered and have had trouble getting my session replicated between the loadbalanced instances. I created a simple war that just output the session id, and that is working.

However, when I tried to do the same for liferay, it was not replicating the session. Finally, I cracked the war and looked at the web.xml and it does not have <distributable />, therefore it will not get replicated sessions.

Is no one using clustered Liferay instances??

Dana, that you said is necessary for getting Liferay work for session replication. I had to do that in our production environment too. Don't know the reason why isn't added to web.xml by default.
Sachin Joshi
August 15, 2012 11:45 AM
Answer

Sachin Joshi

Recent Posts

I am also working with the support staff on the same issue. This is going to cause a lot of unwanted issues in future upgrades etc management.

Adding distributable tag in web.xml does not really harm the servers that do not support session replication. I do not see any reason why this war is not bundled with default setting.

We are using 6.1GA LR Enterprise edition on GF3 cluster.
Hitoshi Ozawa
August 15, 2012 2:25 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

It's written in the wiki to add <distributable /> so I don't think it's really that much of a problem.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/High+Availability+Guide