toggle
Leonardo De Stefano
blog abstract description size
January 28, 2012 12:06 PM
Answer

Leonardo De Stefano

Recent Posts

Hello,

I'm using liferay 6.1 ce, and now I'm customizing the blog portlet look. But When I try to test the abstracts options I could see that I'ts only permit 75 character in the description field.

The first thing that I did was modify the blogs.page.abstract.length field in the portal-ext.properties even though the default value is 400.

Because that change didnt work as I thought, I went to the source code, and could see that the configuration of the entity BlogsEntry in the service.xml don't specify the size (thats why It have 75 chars long).

My question is, how can I modify the size of the abstact description field. I already try to change the size in the database but the entry form continue validating the size of the field to maxlength 75.
Leonardo De Stefano
RE: blog abstract description size
January 30, 2012 4:39 AM
Answer

Leonardo De Stefano

Recent Posts

Ok,
What I did was modify the size of the description field in the blogsentry table, and create a hook modifying the description field, changing the <aui:input label="description" name="description" /> field by <aui:input label="description" name="description" type="textarea" /> field.
Mazhar Alam
RE: blog abstract description size
September 18, 2012 5:02 AM
Answer

Mazhar Alam

Recent Posts

Hey..It works for me..changing blogs.page.abstract.length=100
Works fine for me...
What are your queries??