Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Bob Fleischman
jQuery autocomplete plugin
August 19, 2008 3:40 PM
Answer

Bob Fleischman

Recent Posts

I developed a portlet that used the jQuery autocomplete plugin and it worked fine in 4.4.2.

Now I've upgraded to 5.1.1 and made the proper changes so that I do not use the my old autocomplete.js files, but the ones in classic.

The problem is I can not get even the most simple autocomplete, copied from http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Autocomplete (the site mentioned in the top of the new ui.autocomplete.js file.)

It seems the version of ui.autocomplete.js is different in Liferay from the one on the Jquery site.

Does any Liferay person have a working example I can try?

Thanks
Brian Chan
RE: jQuery autocomplete plugin
August 19, 2008 10:44 PM
Answer

Brian Chan

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

The message boards portlet (this portlet) uses autocomplete.

Look at the Tags section (when adding a new portlet), and just hit "a", it'll auto complete with the rest of the tags.

That's done via a jQuery plugin.

We're using the latest and great jQuery UI stuff because we have several core developers from Liferay who are committers and run that project (check out Paul and Eduardo's blogs).
Bob Fleischman
August 20, 2008 7:12 AM
Answer

Bob Fleischman

Recent Posts

I finally got it to work, but not with the default constructor. I had to set the url: parameter.

I think it is great that the latest and greatest jQuery is in the code, however if it is not documented, or in this case - documented differently from what is on the ui.jquery.com site it makes it very difficult to use.

I have another problem. Autocomplete had some events onItemSelect:selectItem and onFindValue:findValue.

What can I do for those now?

Thanks
Dietrich D Baluyot
October 6, 2008 10:02 AM
Answer

Dietrich D Baluyot

Recent Posts

Hi,

Is there a documentation on how to use this plugin that's bundled with liferay? Another poster said that its a bit different from what in the orginal plugin site. I've been searching around and I can't find any documentations.

Thanks.
sudheer kumar golla
December 5, 2008 1:58 AM
Answer

sudheer kumar golla

Recent Posts

Hai frnd i need source code for autocomplete combobox plzzz send a mail,its very very urgent,as a Developer u can understand my situation.
Mail Id : golla.sudheerkumar@gmail.com
sudheer kumar golla
December 5, 2008 2:08 AM
Answer

sudheer kumar golla

Recent Posts

i am struggling a lot, but not getting,how to develop autocomplete combobox , plzzzz suggest me,send me code , tell me how to do in liferay,i am new to this, is it any possible to develop ExtJs Code in Liferay
Thnx in Advance
eliza sahoo
April 19, 2010 7:20 AM
Answer

eliza sahoo

Recent Posts

mfsNiceControls is a jQueryjQuery base form plug-in. It allows you to create custom looking radio buttons and check boxes in your HTML form. In HTML we cannot use css for styling these controls like we can with other input fields. This plug-in uses a basic theme for all radio buttons and check boxes by default. The user can also override the default theme by selecting from other ones we have provided. This version only provides seven themes which are: default, red, green, blue, orange, black, windows.