Juan Gonzalez
RE: Isolating Portal Instances to 100%
December 22, 2011 2:19 PM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Tb Mattebo:
I want my Portal Instances to be 100% data isolated from each other, so user connected to one Portal Instance cannot even see other Instances nor their data, users etc.
How do I setup this?

Just add another instance from Control Panel. Data would be visible from accessed instance (virtualhost) only.
Tb Mattebo
December 22, 2011 2:33 PM
Answer

Tb Mattebo

Recent Posts

But, data is isolated for Guests only. When I add a user, I can assign this user to an Organization. When this users is logged in, it although can see (not update) the other Organizations. And, the user can also view users in other Organization (from the Organizations - Actions popup menu). Even if this user does not have any Regular Roles at all.

How do I isolated users to have access to 1-and-only-1 Portal Instance each?
Juan Gonzalez
December 23, 2011 10:05 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Tb Mattebo:
But, data is isolated for Guests only. When I add a user, I can assign this user to an Organization. When this users is logged in, it although can see (not update) the other Organizations. And, the user can also view users in other Organization (from the Organizations - Actions popup menu). Even if this user does not have any Regular Roles at all.

How do I isolated users to have access to 1-and-only-1 Portal Instance each?

Don't understand. What do you mean that he can see other Organization's users? Is that user Administrator?

You can add a user and add them only "organization administrator" role, so they can't administer other organizations.

You shouldn't add "Administrator" role to that users because they would have same role as initial admin (Omniadmin I guess).