Foros de discusión

RE: How to share Web Content among users?

thumbnail
Wen Ching Chua, modificado hace 12 años.

How to share Web Content among users?

Junior Member Mensajes: 72 Fecha de incorporación: 18/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi everyone,

I have 2 users. One is Joe and other is Susan.

In Joe, I create 1 web content "Hello World". It is accessible by both public and private page via the web content display portlet which I can choose the web content.

Now I want this content to be accessible by Susan as well.

In Susan, when I add a new web content display and try to find the web content by Joe, it isn't found. How come? I tried this in both public and private pages.

What can I do to make this to work?

Any help? Thanks.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1744 Fecha de incorporación: 6/11/08 Mensajes recientes
First you have to check user A has created the content in his own community's public/private page, Or is it a general community/orgs public and private page? If it is the user public and private pages that you have created webcontent, i dont think you will be having access to that. But if it is community or organization public and private pages you would be able to find the content created.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail

I think it is under user's public and private page. When I login, I can see the goto "My Public Page, My Private Page".

So how do I create an community or organization public page so the web content can be accessible by all users except guests who don't login?

Any help? Thanks.
praveen orvakanti, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 51 Fecha de incorporación: 10/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
You can create Organizations, communities, portal instances etc from the control panel. Once you create an organization, you can assign members to the organization. From there on, the users can share web content among other organization membes or the user can even make the content public, as chosen while creating the web content.
thumbnail

both my users are under the same organization already, so how do i share web content?

will there be a specific page view by organization? where can i find that page?

any help?

thanks.
praveen orvakanti, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 51 Fecha de incorporación: 10/08/11 Mensajes recientes
When you add web content, there are options to choose like:
* Permissions -> viewable by(with a drop down) etc...
If you choose the options appropriately, you should be able to share the content as you intend to.