Foren

Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3

thumbnail
Miguel Ángel Júlvez, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3

Junior Member Beiträge: 63 Beitrittsdatum: 29.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
Hi!!

Is there any process defined to update liferay 6.1 b3 installation to liferay 6.1 b4?? What do I've to do?? Or just deploy the new war 6.1 b4??

I'm working with tomcat and mysql

Thanks!
thumbnail
James Falkner, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3

Liferay Legend Beiträge: 1399 Beitrittsdatum: 17.09.10 Neueste Beiträge
Miguel Ángel Júlvez:
Hi!!

Is there any process defined to update liferay 6.1 b3 installation to liferay 6.1 b4?? What do I've to do?? Or just deploy the new war 6.1 b4??

Thanks!

While we do not support upgrades between various Beta releases (we don't support Beta at all!), it may be possible to run B4 against a B3 database.. But if data structures have changed then you will get errors and they may be hard to diagnose. Since you're using MySQL, then you can just install B4 in a separate location from B3, but then point it at the same database.
thumbnail
Miguel Ángel Júlvez, geändert vor 12 Jahren.

RE: Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3

Junior Member Beiträge: 63 Beitrittsdatum: 29.03.11 Neueste Beiträge
James Falkner:
Miguel Ángel Júlvez:
Hi!!

Thanks!

While we do not support upgrades between various Beta releases (we don't support Beta at all!), it may be possible to run B4 against a B3 database.. But if data structures have changed then you will get errors and they may be hard to diagnose. Since you're using MySQL, then you can just install B4 in a separate location from B3, but then point it at the same database.

Thanks James!

After beta releases it will be released RC1 (issues.liferay.com says on 18th november). Do you support upgrades between RC releases?

Regards