toggle
Miguel Ángel Júlvez
Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3
November 14, 2011 11:54 PM
Answer

Miguel Ángel Júlvez

Recent Posts

Hi!!

Is there any process defined to update liferay 6.1 b3 installation to liferay 6.1 b4?? What do I've to do?? Or just deploy the new war 6.1 b4??

I'm working with tomcat and mysql

Thanks!
James Falkner
RE: Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3
November 15, 2011 10:02 AM
Answer

James Falkner

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Miguel Ángel Júlvez:
Hi!!

Is there any process defined to update liferay 6.1 b3 installation to liferay 6.1 b4?? What do I've to do?? Or just deploy the new war 6.1 b4??

Thanks!

While we do not support upgrades between various Beta releases (we don't support Beta at all!), it may be possible to run B4 against a B3 database.. But if data structures have changed then you will get errors and they may be hard to diagnose. Since you're using MySQL, then you can just install B4 in a separate location from B3, but then point it at the same database.
Miguel Ángel Júlvez
RE: Update to liferay 6.1 b4 from liferay 6.1 b3
November 15, 2011 11:47 PM
Answer

Miguel Ángel Júlvez

Recent Posts

James Falkner:
Miguel Ángel Júlvez:
Hi!!

Thanks!

While we do not support upgrades between various Beta releases (we don't support Beta at all!), it may be possible to run B4 against a B3 database.. But if data structures have changed then you will get errors and they may be hard to diagnose. Since you're using MySQL, then you can just install B4 in a separate location from B3, but then point it at the same database.

Thanks James!

After beta releases it will be released RC1 (issues.liferay.com says on 18th november). Do you support upgrades between RC releases?

Regards