Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 3. Development

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Bob Dietrich
How do I build the 6.1 plugins from Subversion?
October 2, 2011 7:14 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

I'd like to build do some testing with the trunk of 6.1. I'm able to successfully build the portal via "ant clean start deploy". However, I'm unable to do the same thing in the plugin directory. It appears that some of the directories (such as portlets/advanced-search-portlet) do not have a build.xml file.

What is the procedure? Thanks.
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: How do I build the 6.1 plugins from Subversion?
October 2, 2011 7:17 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

You have to svn the root files and set the build.properties there. Look inside the ant script and you'll find that's ite reading settings from the parent directories.

Also, it would help if you post the error messages you're getting.
Bob Dietrich
October 2, 2011 7:34 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Thanks for replying. I checked out the entire plugins directory from svn, at the same level as the portals directory. Everything is defaulted. If I do an "ant clean", I get the following:
 2clean:
 4clean-portal-dependencies:
 6clean:
 8loop-modules:
10clean-module:
12BUILD FAILED
13C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\build.xml:46: The following error occurred while executing this line:
14C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\build-common-plugins.xml:30: The following error occurred while executing this line:
15C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\build-common-plugins.xml:75: The following error occurred while executing this line:
16C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\build-common-plugins.xml:86: The following error occurred while executing this line:
17C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\build-common-plugins.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
18java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\portlets\advanced-search-portlet\build.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
20Total time: 16 seconds
21C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins>
Bob Dietrich
October 11, 2011 12:53 AM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Can anyone else build the plugins/portlets?
Christianto Sahat
October 11, 2011 1:39 AM
Answer

Christianto Sahat

Recent Posts

1java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Build\LiferaySVN\plugins\portlets\advanced-search-portlet\build.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

Seems that build.xml file on advanced-search-portlet was not pulled out from repository. Hence the error message.

You can try to go to folder advanced-search-portlet, and do a svn command : svn update
Bob Dietrich
October 11, 2011 11:57 PM
Answer

Bob Dietrich

Recent Posts

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Just to make sure, I created an entirely new directory and checked out the portlet/plugins directory from Subversion.

I found the following directories do not have a build.xml file:
  • portlets/advanced-search-portlet
  • portlets/hr-portlet
  • portlets/sample-icefaces-ipc-ajax-push-portlet
  • portlets/sample-orbeon-forms-portlet
  • portlets/vaadin-mail-portlet
  • webs/vldap-web

In addition several of the icefaces-jsf-1.1 portlets get compilation errors, although with IceFaces 2 available, that's probably not that important.

Also noticed that sometimes "ant deploy" would fail from the top level, but works if you run the command in the directory that just had an issue.