Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Cameron McBride
Limit number of versions in Document Library?
September 30, 2011 6:28 AM
Answer

Cameron McBride

Recent Posts

In our current Vignette portal we have around 60 gigs of documents. In our Sharepoint there is around 350 gigs of documents (including versioning). We are looking to replace these products with Liferay.

Is there a way in the Liferay document library to limit the number of versions? I can see disk space growing out of control when people are collaborating on a 10 meg document that gets changed 100 times.

Thanks!
Linus Sphinx
RE: Limit number of versions in Document Library?
June 12, 2012 1:18 PM
Answer

Linus Sphinx

Recent Posts

Ever get an answer on this? I have a user saying they can't upload version number 11 of a document.
Hitoshi Ozawa
June 12, 2012 3:07 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Ever get an answer on this? I have a user saying they can't upload version number 11 of a document.

There's a bug in 6.0.6 which causes error when there are more than 10 history revisions. Deleting revision will temporary
fix the error.
Linus Sphinx
June 14, 2012 8:51 AM
Answer

Linus Sphinx

Recent Posts

Thanks man, good to know. I'm trying to get 6.1.0 up and running but it's still failing in the import of users from Active Directory, a real show stopper here.
Hitoshi Ozawa
June 14, 2012 2:25 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Yes, quality is definitely not one of liferay's strong points. I've found that it waiting for liferay to come with a release that was completely production ready "stable" was not going to happen in a foreseeable time and have began fixing it myself.