toggle
Parag Negi
Create custom Breadcrumb : Issue
September 21, 2011 1:56 AM
Answer

Parag Negi

Recent Posts

Hi Liferay Team,

In liferay as there cannot be hierarchy for community, we cannot setup parent-child relationship between them (at community level).

In each community there are many pages having breadcrumb and navigation though breadcrumb is good in every community.
But when we want to connect page from Community(example A) to page in community (example B ), the breadcrumb link is lost for previous community and the breadcrumb on new page only has current pages breadcrumb.

So, if on Page1, there is breadcrumb 'Home ->Page1'. On going to a new page(Page2) of different community. The previous breadcrumb is lost. And the new breadcrumb is 'Page2'
what i want is 'Home ->Page1->Page2'.

Is there any easy way to do this?

So, if a link (link1) on page (Page 1) in community( C1) is clicked, then the new page opening (which is in different community) may have connection in breadcrumb to previous page of older community. (Hope that makes any sence)

The only option i see at moment is somehow creating a custom breadcrumb for this purpose.

Any suggestion will be most welcome.
Please advise.

Cheers.
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Create custom Breadcrumb : Issue
September 25, 2011 3:13 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Have you checked out the new 6.1? It uses a concept of "site" which can be independent of community.
Parag Negi
October 10, 2011 3:42 AM
Answer

Parag Negi

Recent Posts

Hi Hitoshi,

Thanks for responce.
But unfortunately, in my current system, i need to navigate through communities.

I have come half way, by which i am able to set up hierarchy in between communities, and store those valuse in DB.

Now, all i need to do is find current breadcrumb code, and make required to changes to pickup comm. hierarchies in breadcrumb.

Could you please advise where can i find breadcrumb src code by which it enables to generate string of links.

thanks
neelam bhandari
November 14, 2011 3:31 AM
Answer

neelam bhandari

Recent Posts

Hi,

I need to implement the same ...any success yet?

Regards
Neelam
Parag Negi
November 17, 2011 2:24 AM
Answer

Parag Negi

Recent Posts

Hi Neelam,

Yes i finally managed to break the cookie.

You can achieve this in 2 stages.First, creata a portlet that saves the communities and then use coding to create a hierarchy of communities that's stored in DB.
Then Secondly, using Theme Display and Group classes fetch the pages of current cummunity and as well as detials from the database for hierarchy of couuminties.
Ones you have all that you can config. them together to make it look like a breadcrumb which goes in between communities.

If you need more details lemme know...
Ta!
neelam bhandari
November 17, 2011 4:07 AM
Answer

neelam bhandari

Recent Posts

Hi Parag,
Thanks for your reply. As I was in short of time I fixed it temporarily by adding default home url infront of every page.

Cheers
Neelam Bhandari