toggle
Sarah L Farley
Error after upgrading to 6.0 SP 2
September 15, 2011 12:56 PM
Answer

Sarah L Farley

Recent Posts

Good Afternoon,

I upgraded from Liferay EE 6.0 SP 1 to SP2 on my development server. After upgrading I get the following error:

1Exception in thread "liferay/scheduler_dispatch-4" java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.persistence.JournalArticleFinderImpl.findByExpirationDate(ILjava/util/Date;)Ljava/util/List;
 2        at com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.impl.JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.checkArticles(JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.java:380)
 3        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 4        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
 5        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 6        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
 7        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:115)
 8        at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:86)
 9        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:60)
10        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:60)
11        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:60)
12        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanAopProxy.invoke(ServiceBeanAopProxy.java:93)
13        at $Proxy172.checkArticles(Unknown Source)
14        at com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.checkArticles(JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil.java:354)
15        at com.liferay.portlet.journal.messaging.CheckArticleMessageListener.doReceive(CheckArticleMessageListener.java:30)
16        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:25)
17        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
18        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
19        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
20        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
21        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:54)
22        at $Proxy245.receive(Unknown Source)
23        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.scheduler.messaging.SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper.receive(SchedulerEventMessageListenerWrapper.java:73)
24        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
25        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.ParallelDestination$1.run(ParallelDestination.java:77)
26        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:669)
27        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:580)
28        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I ensured my database was updated by running the database upgrade tool through command line. It indeed was successfully upgraded.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this error?

Here is my setup:
mySQL db
Apache-tomcat

Regards,
Sarah
Sarah L Farley
RE: Error after upgrading to 6.0 SP 2
September 15, 2011 1:37 PM
Answer

Sarah L Farley

Recent Posts

A little more on this.....

I realized that none of my Web Content, Templates, or Structures I created before the upgrade are no longer available in the control panel, however they still exist in the database.

Existing web content that is already showing in a web content display shows.
David H Nebinger
September 15, 2011 1:55 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

You may need to rebuild the indices...
Sarah L Farley
September 15, 2011 2:01 PM
Answer

Sarah L Farley

Recent Posts

I am not sure how to do that.....I did go to the server administrator and executed Reindex on all search indexes.
Sarah L Farley
September 15, 2011 3:51 PM
Answer

Sarah L Farley

Recent Posts

Reindexing did not solve my problem. emoticon
Hitoshi Ozawa
September 15, 2011 3:57 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Are your users, organizations, and other items in the database appear in the list when you select them from the Control Panel?
Sarah L Farley
September 15, 2011 4:28 PM
Answer

Sarah L Farley

Recent Posts

Yes, users, and organizations appear.

I should mention that I had Kaleo-web deployed before I upgraded, when I got an error I removed all deployed portlets, plugins, hooks and themes. Now when I deploy (hot deploy) they will not deploy and I get the error above.