toggle
Tariq Dweik
Red5 Integration
March 17, 2007 8:47 AM
Answer

Tariq Dweik

Recent Posts

Hello all,

I'd like to suggest the integration of Red5 with Liferay. I really see an advantage in this step and by it Liferay will confirm its position as a leader in the portal arena.

I've written a project proposal, please take a look at it here.

Regards,

-T
Federico Sandretti
RE: Red5 Integration
September 6, 2007 12:44 AM
Answer

Federico Sandretti

Recent Posts

hi,

Now i try to use liferay with flash portlet (my flash portlet) that use Red5 streming server, but red5 is on other machine.

Bye
JOseph George
May 22, 2009 12:00 AM
Answer

JOseph George

Recent Posts

Hi Federi

tha't s great. I was searching for the same. Can you please share some details based on your successful integration.

thanks and regards
Joseph
Gabriel Venegas
November 29, 2010 3:09 PM
Answer

Gabriel Venegas

Recent Posts

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use red5 and liferay to create a portlet for video conferencing, but I'm a newbie to both Liferay and red5. I saw that the project is not completed. Can you give me some feedback on how are you doing with this integration?

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me.
Edouard DUCRAY
January 3, 2011 8:26 AM
Answer

Edouard DUCRAY

Recent Posts

using openmeetings in a other server and iframing it in a liferay page would be enough ?
Florencia Gadea
August 22, 2012 4:45 AM
Answer

Florencia Gadea

Recent Posts

Hi!

At Rotterdam CS we've developed a video chat portlet.

Here you have the link to the article: http://www.rotterdam-cs.com/tools/-/asset_publisher/piIpOr8rXNan/content/video-chat-portlet

Here is the war: http://lplugins.download.rotterdam-cs.com/rcs-VideoChat-portlet-6.1.0.1.war

And the documentation: http://lplugins.download.rotterdam-cs.com/rcs-VideoChat-users-guide-6.1.0.1.pdf

Any feedback is appreaciated.

Cheers.
Vilmos Papp
August 22, 2012 5:18 AM
Answer

Vilmos Papp

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi,

What would be the point of that integration? I guess it wouldn't be a widely used feature and maybe useless, as if you have a video player e.g.: a flash based one which is supports RTMP and streaming video playback and could work with Red5 you can build a portlet in Plugin SDK where you can embed your own player, or you can embed it directly into an article, or template if you like. It's much more easy than integrate a full third party product into the portal.

If you want to do that, check the flash portlet and you will see how can you make it.

Regards,
Vilmos
Edouard DUCRAY
September 5, 2012 5:20 AM
Answer

Edouard DUCRAY

Recent Posts

Hi,

I finally choosed another way to do it.
I've made a very minimal portlet in php that use SOAP method of openmeetings for logging the user in, then this script create an Iframe containing only the swf from my openmeeting server with results of SOAP calls as parameters.

There a small difference with my first idea, the way I've made it, users can't log in the openmeeting without going threw the portlet.

If someone is interested in this script I will release it for community in GPLv3.

Sincerely,

Edouard