toggle
Jean Andre Latour
[solded] Share my portlets
July 17, 2008 4:56 AM
Answer

Jean Andre Latour

Recent Posts

Hi !
I am developing portlet for Liferay5.0 and I am using the Ext Environnement. So, my portlets source code are in ext/ext-web/docroot/html/portlet/ext, my java class in /ext/ext-impl/src,... When I want to run my portlets, before launching the tomcat server, I run the ant deploy script.
Now, my question: how can I share my portlets ? Is there any .war files ? If I want to send the source code to another developer how can I do ? There is so many files in so many directories...

Thanks for your help.
Björn Ryding
RE: Share my portlets
July 11, 2008 8:40 AM
Answer

Björn Ryding

Recent Posts

Hi,

If you want to distribute your portlet as a WAR, you might want to take a look at the Liferay Plugin SDK.

Cheers,
Björn
James Min
July 11, 2008 12:03 PM
Answer

James Min

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Take a look at the sample portlets in the official plugins section of the Downloads section, for portlets in modular WAR format. Portlets that are part of EXT are not modular and seperate from the whole EXT build.
Jean Andre Latour
July 17, 2008 1:23 AM
Answer

Jean Andre Latour

Recent Posts

Thanks for your answers !
So, I have to build my portlets an other time using Liferay plugins. I made StrutPortlet in the Ext environnement. All my work is lost ? Or can I use what I have done ?

I don't understand the goal of the Ext environnement if you can't share your work. "This environment provides a ready to use ant based system for developing portlets and customizing Liferay Portal in general" I find this in the ocumentation. But what can you do with these portlets ?

JA.L
Björn Ryding
July 17, 2008 3:20 AM
Answer

Björn Ryding

Recent Posts

Jean Andre Latour:
Thanks for your answers !
So, I have to build my portlets an other time using Liferay plugins. I made StrutPortlet in the Ext environnement. All my work is lost ? Or can I use what I have done ?

You can probably turn your Struts portlet into a plugin quite easily. However, I can't say anything for sure without knowing more about your portlet.

I don't understand the goal of the Ext environnement if you can't share your work. "This environment provides a ready to use ant based system for developing portlets and customizing Liferay Portal in general" I find this in the ocumentation. But what can you do with these portlets ?

You should use the Ext environment when you need to modify the portal itself or when you need to use functionality that is only available within the portal.

The Liferay team is making more and more of the portal's functionality available also to external plugins and non-core functionality is gradually moved out of the portal core and turned into plugins. The trend is towards are more modular Liferay.

Cheers,
Björn
Jean Andre Latour
July 17, 2008 4:55 AM
Answer

Jean Andre Latour

Recent Posts

Björn Ryding:

You can probably turn your Struts portlet into a plugin quite easily. However, I can't say anything for sure without knowing more about your portlet.

I'm working on it. I'm discovering how the plugin environnement works. I found:
documentation
sample

Thanks for your help !
JA.L