Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
James Denmark
Web Content Editor - Default folders for linking and images
August 22, 2011 1:33 PM
Answer

James Denmark

Recent Posts

I would like to suggest that the Browse Server feature of the CK Editor image & linking tools only shows the current community and the global community by default. Currently it displays all the communities that the user belongs to which is quite convenient for the user but in no way reflects the access that the people viewing the end web content will have.

Real life scenario on one of our communities today :
a content editor created a piece of web content that contained an image from the image gallery. They used the CKEditor to 'insert image button' and clicked 'Browse Server'. They couldn't find the image they wanted in the current community but they found one on another private image gallery they belong to. They published the content, then asked a member of their team to QC it - all looked good as the QC person was also on both communities. They then sent out an announcement to about 1000 users with a link back to this content. In the next 5 minutes I got about 300 log entries for security exceptions on the image asset as none of the recipients were members of the other community and then Tomcat crashed
emoticon

So, of course, this is an extreme example but I'm struggling to come up with any good use cases where a user should be able to link to assets in another private community that they belong to with the exception of the global community assets.

Thoughts anyone?
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Web Content Editor - Default folders for linking and images
August 22, 2011 2:09 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I agree. It's confusing to a user when they can't access what they can see.
Szymon Gołębiewski
August 22, 2011 11:00 PM
Answer

Szymon Gołębiewski

Recent Posts

+1 for that
Sergio Romero
August 31, 2011 4:51 AM
Answer

Sergio Romero

Recent Posts

It is necessary for good performance in a portal / intranet / etc. To change the default folder to upload an image or document CKEditor, now can not be changed this. the end user does not have to be aware of permits or anything.

somebody has tried to something to that effect??