toggle
Sam Collett
Date format display for Calendar, Document Library etc
August 8, 2011 8:37 AM
Answer

Sam Collett

Recent Posts

Hi,

Having problems getting the date formatting display to work properly. Everything is in US format, rather than what I have set.

I have set both the portal settings and my user settings to English (United Kingdom) expecting the dates to be displayed in UK format (DD/MM/YYYY). However, this is not the case and the dates are still in US format (M/D/YY). How do I get the dates to display how I want them to?

There also doesn't seem to be a working GMT setting - (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time and (UTC) Western European Time does not take into account daylight savings (i.e. British Summer Time).

Thanks,
Sam
Sam Collett
RE: Date format display for Calendar, Document Library etc
September 2, 2011 8:08 AM
Answer

Sam Collett

Recent Posts

Still have not found how to get date formatting to work properly. Surely I am not the only one to have this issue?
Pranay R Patadiya
September 2, 2011 8:15 AM
Answer

Pranay R Patadiya

Recent Posts

Hi,

Are you getting the same problem in other format also?

Thanks,
Pranay
Sam Collett
September 2, 2011 8:58 AM
Answer

Sam Collett

Recent Posts

It seems to display the dates correctly when I change to a non-English language. There is also a strange bug as I changed to Nederlands (Nederland) to check if the date display was changed and it was. I then changed it back to English (United Kingdom) and it showed in US format. When logging off and back on again it is back to Nederlands (Nederland) - the page defaults to eu/ now even if I am not logged in (it seems to have changed the language for the whole site). Going to http://mysite.com always redirects to http://mysite.com/eu (I have to close the browser and wait before opening again, or clear the cache)
Pranay R Patadiya
September 2, 2011 10:03 AM
Answer

Pranay R Patadiya

Recent Posts

Hi Sam,
Please check by anyhow is your default portal language has been reset to other language or not?
If so then please make it your wish language as well Timezone as default from control panel.

Let me know the output.

Thanks,
Pranay
Sam Collett
September 4, 2011 9:54 AM
Answer

Sam Collett

Recent Posts

The default portal settings were correct and the redirect (to the wrong language page) still occurred. The only way I managed to fix it is to remove all the language options other than en_GB