toggle
Bell S
Portlet Configuration (Graph)
December 26, 2017 1:40 AM
Answer

Bell S

Recent Posts

Hi Guys,

I have one question regarding about portlet configuration.

i have simple jsp portlet to show D3 graphs and i will let user configure the date and some other data before generating graph.
I will provide small configuration wizard to users with date range , database and type of data they want.

In that case, I would like to save user's configured data in order to show in the future login.

The logic is very simple. If users have configured already, just show the configured data . It it's first time or if he/she is deleted the configured portlet, show configuration wizard. That's all.

I don't have any problem with logic however, i don't know where and how shall i save configuration data. Shall i edit liferay User_ table or shall i save in other database? Is there any better way to save custom user configuration? Which way will be the best and please advise me if you have better idea. Thank you.
Adam Victor Brandizzi
RE: Portlet Configuration (Graph)
December 26, 2017 4:41 AM
Answer

Adam Victor Brandizzi

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hello Bell S!

My first approach would be to use portlet preferences. Do you think it could solve your issue? Let us know if it worked out!
Bell S
RE: Portlet Configuration (Graph)
December 31, 2017 9:14 PM
Answer

Bell S

Recent Posts

Adam Victor Brandizzi:
Hello Bell S!

My first approach would be to use portlet preferences. Do you think it could solve your issue? Let us know if it worked out!

Thank you for your advise, Victor !! I will carefully check and will get bk to you.

Regards,
Bell

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!